Normally, Type-B Furloughs may be granted up to a maximum of eight (8) hours only. Furloughs will be contingent upon the inmate’s general adjustment, compliance to facility rules, attitude, participation in assigned programs, housing assigned duties, living areas inspections and job performance. All of these elements will be taken into consideration after 60 days.


All furloughs must be submitted by 7am each Monday. Under no circumstances will an inmate be given more than one 8-hour family visitation Type-B furlough per week (Monday through Sunday). Inmates must have either served five (5) calendar years or have completed one-third (1/3) of their sentence and undergo a 60-day observation/adjustment period at the facility before a furlough is granted. The 60-day observation period does not apply if the inmate has already done so at a previous work release center. Your case manager will advise you when you are approved to take your fist furlough.


Furloughs may only be taken with an approved Furlough Sponsor.

The furlough sponsor must remain in the company of the inmate for the entire duration of the furlough. The Furlough Sponsor must check in with Control room staff at departure and arrival from Furlough. Each and every furlough sponsor MUST participate in a furlough orientation prior to being approved. Please make sure your potential furlough sponsor schedules the orientation in a timely manner.


Furlough approval may be withdrawn if an inmate fails the weekly inspection of his assigned duties and living areas, or receives any form of discipline which includes a corrective consultation (“CC”).


How can my family or friends send money to me?

Your family or friends can mail personal checks or money orders made out to you. Cash, money orders or personal checks can be dropped off at the control room.


How can I find out how my COPS money was applied?

If you are currently at the center, send an inmate request to the finance office and they will check with the COPS office for you. Once you are released, you may call the COPS office at 850-717-3877.


How long does it take for my money to be transferred from DOC?

Your money will usually arrive within two to three weeks.


What happens to my money if I get sent back to the institution?

Your money will be transferred to DOC within 15 days.


When will my family support check be available?

If family support is being deducted from your account, your check will be available within the first week of the following month.


How will I know how much money is in my account?

You will receive a monthly statement during the first week of every month showing all activity in your account from your arrival to the end of the previous month.


Can I send money to my family?

If you have funds available, you may send one check (in addition to your family support check, if applicable) per month by submitting a special draw request. The amount will be limited to 10% of your previous month’s earnings.


The inmate will develop a Personalized Program Plan budget with their Case Manager.

It takes up to 30 days for your bank account to transfer from your last institution. You will be notified and given a receipt for the deposit.

Once your account is opened you will receive a statement at least once per month.


  • You will not be able to draw money until it has been transferred unless you have money deposited into your account at RECO. Deposits will be in the form of a check or money order made out to you.

  • All paychecks must be turned in and deposited into your inmate account the day you are paid.

  • A Under no circumstances will an inmate be allowed to cash their paycheck or any check made payable to them.

  • In addition, the check stub must be attached; indicating hours worked and rate of pay.

  • Salary must be issued in the form of check or money order, as cash will only be accepted for inmate tips. It is mandatory that tips are turned in daily at the end of each work day.

  • Inmates will receive a receipt and should verify that their inmate number is correct on the receipt. Keep your receipts in order.

  • Failure to turn in your paycheck or tips will result in disciplinary action.

  • Inmates are not permitted to attempt to gain access to money being dropped off by family.

  • Money orders and cashier checks will be accepted through the mail (no cash).


Regular Draws

  • Regular draws are available for personal needs, i.e. hygiene products, clothing for work, etc.

  • Weekly regular draws must be submitted by 7AM Monday morning for pick-up. Maximum regular draw is $50.00.


Special Draws

  • Special draw requests are to be submitted to the Case Manager, then approved by the Director and are available to inmates for extraordinary purposes such as:

  • Florida ID card

  • Bicycle purchase for transportation to and from work.

  • Special clothing/tools for employment

  • Family Assistance


  • A onetime loan is available to work release inmates after securing employment for necessary work related items. All special withdrawals must be utilized exactly for the purpose stated on the request. Receipts for these purchases must be turned in for the Case Manager’s review. Loans are not to be used for radios, gifts, etc.


Bank Statements, Balances & Problems with Accounts

If an inmate believes that there is an error in his bank account, the inmate should discuss the matter with the Case Manager who will contact the Re-Entry Center of Ocala business office to address the concern.


Possession of a cell phone by an inmate is a privilege that may be forfeited by any inmate who fails to abide by the terms of this policy, or otherwise engages in a misuse of this privilege.

Inmates are responsible for notifying staff upon the purchase of a cell phone. Staff will add the cell phone’s make, model, serial number, and associated phone number to the inmate’s property list.

An inmate’s cell phone use within the community release center may be limited to designated hours by the Warden or designee to ensure the overall efficiency and operation of the Center.


Only property listed below is authorized. In the event, your employment requires something that is not listed you will need to complete an inmate request form addressed to the Director or Assistant Director. The unauthorized property will be confiscated and a receipt for contraband will be issued to you.



When an inmate’s family drops off an initial/ approved property package, this is not to be used as an opportunity, by the inmate, for visitation. Once the family member drops off the package, they are to depart the premises. The inmate is not to be in the lobby when the family member is present or involved with inventorying the property. Once staff inventories the property, the allowed property will be issued to the inmate. Any excess or unauthorized property will be stored in accordance with the Department of Corrections policy and procedure. Property will only be accepted Monday through Friday between the hours of 9am and 5pm and weekends only upon written and approved request.


The use of Social Media is strictly prohibited by the Florida Department of Corrections. Therefore you will not have any active Social Media accounts to include but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snap Chat, Plenty of Fish, Match, Eharmony etc. Your cellphone will not be used to meet/date people. Any violations will result in confiscation of the cell phone indefinitely or termination of Work Release.